Soft and tender scones bursting with strawberries, topped with our Fraîche.
8 Serves per.
- 300 g wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 g sugar
- 75 g cold plant-based butter
- 100 g de la Fraîche
- 80 ml plant-based milk
- 1 C. cider vinegar
- 150 g fresh strawberries, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into small cubes, add and crush in the flour with a fork or with your fingers to form crumbs.
- Add La Fraîche, the plant-based milk and cider vinegar and mix well, then incorporate the strawberries. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour.
- Flatten the dough into a circle about 2 cm high on a floured baking mat or on a sheet of parchment paper, and pre-cut triangles to form the scones.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the scones are puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before separating the scones with a knife.
- Serve still warm with a spoonful of La Fraîche.
The magic of La Fraîche is that it can be used in exactly the same way as conventional fresh cream.
La Fraîche was the perfect ingredient both for making the scones and as a topping!