Jeanne Hunziker (@jimmyjanecaterings)
Under the caramelized brittle crust, a smooth cream with subtle hints of vanilla!
- 1 La Fraîche
- 1 vanilla pod
- 25g raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 50ml oat milk (or other plant based milk)
- culinary torch to caramelize cream
- Place La Fraîche, the sugar and the cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Scrape the vanilla pod and add the fresh vanilla.
- Start heating, and stir while adding the plant based milk.
- Stir constantly until it starts boiling and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture has thickened, transfer to the ramekins, containers of your choice. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Take out of the fridge, cover each cream with a thin layer of sugar, and burn with the torch until you get a brown, caramelized layer.
The consistency and composition of La Fraîche makes it a perfect alternative to animal-based crème fraîche in your desserts.
The brittleness of the top is perfectly balanced by the creaminess of the vanilla flavored custard.